MY LIFE WITHOUT AIR
Croatia/ 2017, 72′
DIRECTED BY: Bojana Burnać
SCREENPLAY BY: Bojana Burnać
CINEMATOGRAPHY: Bojana Burnać
EDITED BY: Jelena Maksimović
PRODUCERS: Oliver Sertić, Tibor Keser
PRODUCED BY: Restart
FESTIVALS & AWARDS:
- Dokufest Kosovo 2017 – Best Balkan Newcomer AwardHot Docs 2017;
- Karlovy Vary International Film Festival 2017;
- Mediterranean Film Festival Split 2017;
- Liburnia Film Festival 2017;
- Vukovar Film Festival 2017;
- Mediteran Film Festival Široki Brijeg 2017;
- Creative Documentary Film Festival MakeDox 2017;
- CinEast Central and Eastern European Film Festival 2017;
- Zürich Film Festival 2017.
Goran is the world champion in freediving – a man whose most important moments in life take place underwater and whose willpower goes beyond what is humanly possible. His journey is paved with silence and concentration, required by daily encounters with transience. To remain the best in what he does, every day he challenges his boundaries, risking crossing them and be irreversibly punished. My Life without Air conveys the feeling we have when we take a dive into the blue – the complex mixture of excitement, fear, uncertainty and power accompanied by the buzzing silence.
She was born 1981 in Sisak, living in Zagreb, Croatia. She holds an MA as a cinematographer from the Academy of Dramatic Art at the University of Zagreb. She has been the director of photography on fiction, documentary, experimental, feature and short films. My Life Without Air (2017) is her directorial debut.